Keys to Managing Employee Records
- Understand the specific records that should be maintained on each employee.
- Be familiar with the federal and state laws that have an impact on the management of employee records.
- Establish the employee records system in a manner that takes into account both legal requirements and best practices.
- Ensure all records are current by updating employee files and other sources of information on a regular basis.
- Understand and enforce practices regarding access to employee records by others.
- Observe consistent rules on records retention, based on time frames dictated by laws and the needs of the organization.
with your staff